Monday, December 20, 2021

McCain Christmas Cake, an Update

 The McCain Christmas Cake... an update, the marzipan tops put on. 



Two photos of my work this morning.  I made the marzipan and placed it on the now cured fruit cake. I had never made marzipan, nor had I ever placed it on a cake. The first one a little ragged, but still nice looking. The second one nice and neat as I learned from the first one. I am satisfied with them.



I had a wee taste of the marzipan and it is excellent. I made it from fine ground almonds, powdered sugar (i.e. icing sugar), egg whites (pasteurized), almond extract, and a small amount of vanilla extract. The marzipan was easy to make in fact. The two cakes will be iced with royal icing in a couple days, with some seasonal decoration a top.  


© Barry R McCain 2021

No comments: